This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Explorer not responding

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

From time to time, my startup hangs up. After the initial splash screen, I get as far as my wallpaper screen and the only activity after that is my cursor/hourglass. When I key in “Ctrl+Alt+Del” I get the Task Window, and see "Explorer not responding". I need to shut down again and restart. The machine goes through "improper shutdown detected" routine and the associated machinations, before restarting. I'm running Windows Me and Explorer 6.0. I've periodically gone through complete defrags; virus/spyware scans and cleaned up what little I found, but the annoyance persists. What are the possible causes and solution? Thank you - DRT

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI