Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE Blank Window

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JimE

JimE

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:01 AM

Internet Explorer opens as a blank window if I click a link included in an email. If I copy and paste the link into an open browser, it connects fine. TIA for your help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:07 AM

Can you post the link here possibly? I have ran across this in the past, I will look back and see if i cant find the fix for that,

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 JimE

JimE

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:15 AM

Crow, thanks for your quick response! I did a bit of Googling and found this procedure, which fixed the problem on my IBM T40; 1. Open Internet Explorer 2. Go to Tools / Internet Options 3. Click on the Programs tab 4. Click on the Reset Web Settings button Sorry for the false alarm! BTW, I am in the middle of trying to clean up a colossal mess on my daughter's Dell 1000 Inpsiron, which was (still is?) loaded with viruses, spyware and adware. I will post that problem in a separate thread.

Edited by JimE, 23 August 2005 - 09:15 AM.

#4 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:16 AM

Ok..here are the needed links before you make that next post..

Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

Edited by Crow, 23 August 2005 - 09:17 AM.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#5 JimE

JimE

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

OK, will do! The basic problem with the Dell is that all seems fine except that I cannot keep a browser open. This includes IE, NS and Mozilla. In each case, the browser opens and then immediately closes, or I get an error. Because of that, I may have difficulty downloading HijackThis. Interestingly, AIM, Windows Update, Norton Update, etc. all work fine. I have installed the latest Norton anti-virus and performed scans, Ad-aware and Pest Patrol. It looks like I still have some adware left to deal with. I will give the HijackThis link a shot...