This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE Blank Window

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Internet Explorer opens as a blank window if I click a link included in an email. If I copy and paste the link into an open browser, it connects fine. TIA for your help!
Crow, thanks for your quick response! I did a bit of Googling and found this procedure, which fixed the problem on my IBM T40; 1. Open Internet Explorer 2. Go to Tools / Internet Options 3. Click on the Programs tab 4. Click on the Reset Web Settings button Sorry for the false alarm! BTW, I am in the middle of trying to clean up a colossal mess on my daughter's Dell 1000 Inpsiron, which was (still is?) loaded with viruses, spyware and adware. I will post that problem in a separate thread.
Ok..here are the needed links before you make that next post..

Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum
OK, will do! The basic problem with the Dell is that all seems fine except that I cannot keep a browser open. This includes IE, NS and Mozilla. In each case, the browser opens and then immediately closes, or I get an error. Because of that, I may have difficulty downloading HijackThis. Interestingly, AIM, Windows Update, Norton Update, etc. all work fine. I have installed the latest Norton anti-virus and performed scans, Ad-aware and Pest Patrol. It looks like I still have some adware left to deal with. I will give the HijackThis link a shot…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI