This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Spybot

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi :wavey:

When i scan PC with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4, I get next report

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride

This hapend 4 times, I fix it, and when I scan Pc Again it's there again, it's like problem with DSO Exploit which has been solved with new version of Spyboat … 1.4

Also Windows Security Center shows a warning on startup That my Av program is not running, but in fact it has not been loaded, after a few seconds Close it self as AV program start working in background!

Could someone tell me what is the problem! :unsure: :scratch: :unsure:
I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think you get that message if you have Security center set to not inform you about antivirus being out of date. I have the same thing on my work PC because our corporate AV doesn't play nice with Security center. It always says AV is out of date when it isn't. When I told it to stop alearting me, the Spybot stuff showed up. Did that help at all? m
Alerts are on at Security Center, so I can't tell if that is a problem, also yesterday DSO exploit show's himself again. I had a problem with DSO in Spybot S&D 1.3, but when I installed version 1.4 that stopped as said that the bug was resolved with new version 1.4, so I don’t know what the problem is!!!
I'm still using SpyBot 1.3, but i have same reports on SB. Where did yoy get SB 1.4? Has anyone used trustytoolbar and had BHODeamon tag it as malware? whats up with that? As far as WinXP and its you may be at risk because…, it's my firewall instead of AV, which it boots just after i get warning. When i go to security center i have to click i'll monitor it myself box, I've had to do this several times this week, Kind of like XP has memory problem.