This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijack This closes after scanning

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am looking for some help with running Hijack This. I was able to fix my wife's computer a while ago with your help, but our computer seems to be in much worse shape now. Both IE Explorer and Mozilla Firefox show an hour glass, and then nothing when tried to open. I know we still have an internet connection, so it's not that. Also I can open up Hijack This and Scan, but as soon as the scan is complete, HJT is automatically closed. For that reason, at this point, I can't post my HJT log. I have run Spybot S & D and Adaware, and nothing is fixed. I tried a System Restore to about a month before we were having problems, and the Firefox actually opened. Then when I restarted, it no longer worked and I was back at square one. I would extremely appreciate your help in pointing me in the right direction. I have an internet connection at work, so downloading something won't be a problem. Thanks again.
Hmmmmmmmm, try renaming hijackthis.exe to something like findbad.exe and give it a try. Some bad stuff will actually target the hijackthis.exe.
I appreciate your suggestion. I actually spent about four hours last night after downloading some programs from work, and got everything working. Thanks again.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI