This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Virus notification mailing lists.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Does anyone know of a mailing list for new virus notifications other than the one from Sophos?

I'm on the Sophos mailing list but I have a couple of issues with it:

1) Sophos uses a different name for viruses than everyone else. (Mind you, I think every anti-virus software provider has their own naming system)

2) The e-mails give no information about the virus. You have to visit the Sophos website for virus information, which for 5-10 notifications / day is very manually intensive.

I appreciate it's straight forward to research a virus on-line, but generally when you're faced with an infected machine going on-line is the last thing you want to do. (And not everyone has more than one machine available to them)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI