This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HT Log...what's wrong here?

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good Morning Haypor,

Your log looks clean, it is not showing any signs of a virus or any kind of Malware. :D

Allthough, I have been having problems getting/browsing online. VERY slow at times and unable to connect sometimes. I am wondering if it's not because of spyware/adware/trojans, maybe it's a bad internet connection.


This could be, you may want to contact your ISP and maybe they can walk you through some settings.

At this point, you want to follow all the tips and install all those free programs that I posted to you. I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your operating system patched with the windows updates from Microsoft.

Here are some excellent Windows Tech Support sites that may be able to help you with your connection. Be sure to let them know that you posted here and your system was deemed free of any viruses or Malware. You don't need to post a HJT log unless they ask you for it.

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=83
http://pcpitstop.com/
http://forums.hardwareguys.com/ikonboard.cgi
http://www.windowsbbs.com/

It has been a pleasure helping you, I hope you are able to resolved your connection issue. I will keep this open for a day or two in case you have any more questions.

Thanks for using Tom Coyote

Ken :D
Ken, I forgot to mention something. When I was deleting things in the temp files, there was a file "hsperfdata" that wouldn't delete: "is being used by another program or person". Is that normal for something in a temp file?
That file is being used by Java and is ok, when you delete it, it will just come back, try deleting it in Safemode, if it comes back, don't worry about it. Ken :D
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI