Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91636 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

yahoo messenger on a disc?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chelsearail

chelsearail

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:26 PM

Hi all, could i run yahoo messenger from a cd rom / download from the net onto a cd / instead of loading the software onto my hardrive? Chelsearail :unsure:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:54 PM

You know.. I mentioned that to a yahoo rep once. Of course no was the answer but not for the reasons he gave. If you were to run it from a cd, then it wouldnt be installed, yahoo would lose advertising dollars. They just gotta have that darn icon in the system tray.. I think yahoo has a system tray fetish (for lack of a better analogy)

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 chelsearail

chelsearail

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Crow. Then theres no way I can have a devious chat without all the yahoo prints all over our pc? Chelsearail