This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello all, I have a problem that I have seen before when a machine is flooded with spyware, but my machine is clean. I have a wireless router and 4 computers connected to the router via either physical ethernet connection or wireless. All 3 other computers, including 2 wireless and 1 physical, are up and running and able to access the internet. The 4th connects but for some reason, it cannot open a web page, using either the physical connection or the wireless connection. I can pull up email, do spyware updates, etc, but I cannot open my IE browser and connect to a web page. I keep the spyware cleaned off of this computer, pretty well, but thought that spyware may be the culprit. I updated and ran both Spybot and Ad-Aware, but both came back saying that there was nothing found. Then I thought that it could be a winsock problem, so I ran the winsock repair utility, but I still cannot pull up a web page. I deleted the adapters, in the device manager, and rebooted, but still the same problems. Can anyone help me look a bit further for the root of my problem? Thanks! Glen
Hmm.. is this same problem as was posted just before you?


Have you checked your cookie settings..or run disk cleanup lately? Also check your "restricted sites" .. see if the pages your going to are listed there. If none of that works, then lets go ahead and rule out spyware. First, download Hijack This here and scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a text log and then come back here and copy and paste the log into a new thread in the "hijack this logs and problems forum"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI