Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gmusick

gmusick

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

Hello all, I have a problem that I have seen before when a machine is flooded with spyware, but my machine is clean. I have a wireless router and 4 computers connected to the router via either physical ethernet connection or wireless. All 3 other computers, including 2 wireless and 1 physical, are up and running and able to access the internet. The 4th connects but for some reason, it cannot open a web page, using either the physical connection or the wireless connection. I can pull up email, do spyware updates, etc, but I cannot open my IE browser and connect to a web page. I keep the spyware cleaned off of this computer, pretty well, but thought that spyware may be the culprit. I updated and ran both Spybot and Ad-Aware, but both came back saying that there was nothing found. Then I thought that it could be a winsock problem, so I ran the winsock repair utility, but I still cannot pull up a web page. I deleted the adapters, in the device manager, and rebooted, but still the same problems. Can anyone help me look a bit further for the root of my problem? Thanks! Glen
Thanks,
Glen

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:53 PM

Hmm.. is this same problem as was posted just before you?

Have you checked your cookie settings..or run disk cleanup lately? Also check your "restricted sites" .. see if the pages your going to are listed there. If none of that works, then lets go ahead and rule out spyware. First, download Hijack This here and scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a text log and then come back here and copy and paste the log into a new thread in the "hijack this logs and problems forum"

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"