Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93078 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

1dial.search - unwanted search site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lianthe

Lianthe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:26 PM

I've had this problem for two days now. My default search page in Internet Explorer has been hijacked to 1dial search-results-site.cm and I cannot change it. Avast, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Pestscan has not helped me find the culprit. Ewido Security found this key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} which removed the key but when I type in anything in the address bar, it STILL takes me to the same page. Could this be a problem that can be fixed in the hosts file or is it a DNS issue? I have Zonealarm and there seems to be no peculiar traffic going on, and since I'm a glutton for punishment I'm not switching to FireFox just yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

Greetings and welcome to TomCoyote.org!

If you would like your machine checked for malware (virii, trojans, worms, and browser hijackers), please do this:

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.

If required a tutorial is here = Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

Links to Hijack This! v 1.99.1:

Hijack This! at tools.radiosplace.com

Hijack This! at spywarewarrior.com

Hijack This! at TomCoyote.org

Run it from that folder.

Click "Do a system scan and save a log file".

DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING WITH IT YET!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING COULD RENDER YOUR SYSTEM INOPERABLE!!!

Go to this forum:

HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal

Go to the bottom of the page and click on New Thread, and "copy/paste" the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the log file into THAT thread, along with a description of the problems you are experiencing.

:)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 gtbase

gtbase

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:49 PM

Lianthe-
Just got done with this same problem. Do what Micah has suggested and post in the forum that Micah has directed you to. My thread is at this link if you want to read through it: http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=41485 But your situation might be slightly different so do the post as he has said. These guys are great; this bugger was really had to find, and I went to 5 other sites over a two week period of trying to find help every day, before finding TomCoyote Forums. I was so impressed I made a donation - I wish I could have done more.