This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

System Restore brings up blank window

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:unsure: Hello, I am having a problem. When I try to do a system restore, the window comes up blank. The system that I am trying to repair (windows XP home edition operating system) was bogged down with major viruses and parasites. I've used programs such as Avast home edition, AVG, Spybot S&D, CWShredder, Ad-Aware and I use Zone Alarm firewall. These programs have removed the majority but there are still some left and I think that some of the virus's damaged a lot of files. Just to give you an idea of what was in there (there was ALOT). Favorite Man, Hotbar, ISTbar, VX2, Aurora, Gator, Double Click, Search Assistant, My Way, Hunt Bar, SideFind, xxxToolbar, IEAccess/HTMLDialer, Browser Aid, Back door agents, tons of Trojans, Flashenhancer and much more. Is it possible to use a reinstall CD made for windows xp (gateway computer) in a windows xp (compaq computer)? Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the system restore back? Thank you for your time.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI