Deleted Member
Topic Starter
First thanks in advance for any help! It's very much appreciated. I'm a computer novice and very thankful to find this forum and very thankful for any help I can get.
I have Pest Patrol, Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware 6.0, Trojan Remover and Sygate Personal Firewall installed on my computer. (Though I did the best I can, I honestly don't quite grasp all the functions with setting up the Sygate Firewall for maximum security and would appreciate any tips on that. None of my protection software (which I update regularly) currently shows I have any problems though I do occasionally get pop-ups from Sygate and am often not sure whether to accept of deny the action. I ran Sygates security test and it showed I have a number of ports open, but I have no idea how to get them closed.
Problems:
1.) My Documents folder loads at boot-up (no big problem, but minor irritation).
2.) There is something called Redwood Broker loaded somewhere on my computer. I read this is used by 'elite' hacks and installs a MSSQL Server and it's own firewall on my computer to disguise itself from detection by my firewall and anti sypware/trojan software and take over.
3.) An ace of diamonds appears in my Control Panel (I believe it's Trojan.WinReboot) I tried to get rid of it and quit having problems rebooting, but the icon is still there.
4.) I am in East Europe and working through a local internet cable server (which I don't trust).
Here is my
Logfile of HijackThis:
v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:05:18 PM, on 2/8/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPWRTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TFNF5.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPControl.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Scrub XP\ScrubXP\scrubxp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\soho3504\LOCALS~1\Temp\$wc0\HIJACK~1.EXE
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshiba.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [000StTHK] 000StTHK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tpwrtray] TPWRTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TosHKCW.exe] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFNF5] TFNF5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe /Type 01
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CookiePatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Control Center] C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrojanScanner] C:\Program Files\Trojan Remover\Trjscan.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sc] C:\Program Files\Scrub XP\ScrubXP\scrubxp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spamihilator] "C:\Program Files\Spamihilator\spamihilator.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .hlq: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nphcd32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mng: c:\program files\internet explorer\PLUGINS\NpHcd32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshiba.com
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.installengine.com/engine/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
Thanks again for any and all help anyone can offer. All the Best!!
Armadillo Pete
I have Pest Patrol, Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware 6.0, Trojan Remover and Sygate Personal Firewall installed on my computer. (Though I did the best I can, I honestly don't quite grasp all the functions with setting up the Sygate Firewall for maximum security and would appreciate any tips on that. None of my protection software (which I update regularly) currently shows I have any problems though I do occasionally get pop-ups from Sygate and am often not sure whether to accept of deny the action. I ran Sygates security test and it showed I have a number of ports open, but I have no idea how to get them closed.
Problems:
1.) My Documents folder loads at boot-up (no big problem, but minor irritation).
2.) There is something called Redwood Broker loaded somewhere on my computer. I read this is used by 'elite' hacks and installs a MSSQL Server and it's own firewall on my computer to disguise itself from detection by my firewall and anti sypware/trojan software and take over.
3.) An ace of diamonds appears in my Control Panel (I believe it's Trojan.WinReboot) I tried to get rid of it and quit having problems rebooting, but the icon is still there.
4.) I am in East Europe and working through a local internet cable server (which I don't trust).
Here is my
Logfile of HijackThis:
v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:05:18 PM, on 2/8/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPWRTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TFNF5.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPControl.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Scrub XP\ScrubXP\scrubxp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\soho3504\LOCALS~1\Temp\$wc0\HIJACK~1.EXE
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshiba.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00THotkey] C:\WINDOWS\System32\00THotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [000StTHK] 000StTHK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tpwrtray] TPWRTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TosHKCW.exe] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Wireless Hotkey\TosHKCW.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFNF5] TFNF5.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe /Type 01
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CookiePatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Control Center] C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrojanScanner] C:\Program Files\Trojan Remover\Trjscan.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sc] C:\Program Files\Scrub XP\ScrubXP\scrubxp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spamihilator] "C:\Program Files\Spamihilator\spamihilator.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .hlq: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nphcd32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mng: c:\program files\internet explorer\PLUGINS\NpHcd32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshiba.com
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://www.installengine.com/engine/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
Thanks again for any and all help anyone can offer. All the Best!!
Armadillo Pete