danmb
Topic Starter
Hi,
Last year I came across this article about CWS and AppInit_DLLs:
http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_cwsremoval.html
It says,
"The CWS shield-DLL perfoms the following functions:
It prevents almost all registry editors from displaying it in the AppInit_DLLs value — the editor will show an empty value instead. The list of affected registry editors includes, but is not limited to: Regedit.exe (Microsoft), Regedt32.exe (Microsoft), Reg.exe (Microsoft), Autoruns (Sysinternals), HijackThis (SpywareInfo), and Silent Runners. The only program known to display it is the freeware Registrar Lite 2.0 (Resplendence). "
I've searched the HijackThis Logs forum and I've gotten hits on AppInit_DLLs. So it is being displayed in the log file.
So is it still the case that HijackThis won't find AppInit_DLLs and I have to use Registrar Lite 2.0? Or are the hits I've seen from variants that don't have the shield DLL?
Thanks,
Dan
Last year I came across this article about CWS and AppInit_DLLs:
http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_cwsremoval.html
It says,
"The CWS shield-DLL perfoms the following functions:
It prevents almost all registry editors from displaying it in the AppInit_DLLs value — the editor will show an empty value instead. The list of affected registry editors includes, but is not limited to: Regedit.exe (Microsoft), Regedt32.exe (Microsoft), Reg.exe (Microsoft), Autoruns (Sysinternals), HijackThis (SpywareInfo), and Silent Runners. The only program known to display it is the freeware Registrar Lite 2.0 (Resplendence). "
I've searched the HijackThis Logs forum and I've gotten hits on AppInit_DLLs. So it is being displayed in the log file.
So is it still the case that HijackThis won't find AppInit_DLLs and I have to use Registrar Lite 2.0? Or are the hits I've seen from variants that don't have the shield DLL?
Thanks,
Dan