This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

error Kb891711 MMSYSTEM.DLL

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I start my computer the first error I see is when the password box comes up it also has a box that says error in startup Kb891711 error in MMSYSTEM.DLL And my explorer never works the first time, it freezes during the process and I have to ctrl+alt+delete… it works the second time… I have windows ME. I searced the windows site, but I dont know how to fix this. Any idea? Thank You Jessica
Hello jessica25, welcome to the TC Click Start> Run> type in Msconfig Look in Startup and see if KB891711 is listed. If so, uncheck it.
THAT TOOK CARE OF THE ERROR IN THE STARTUP SCREEN!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THe internet explorer still does not open on the first try, but thanks fo ryour help!!! :wavey:
You might run SFC and see if it will work. You will need either the Windows installation cd or have an image on a drive, then click start, then run, type command and at the prompt type SFC /scannow …this will replace/repair system files.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI