kessiah
Topic Starter
Hello, I hope someone can help. Sorry for the long explanation.
I have been having problems for about a week now, and I can't figure it out myself so here goes. Started off my computer was just unusually slow. Then I got warnings that my AV had expired for about 3 days then it stopped. About the same time the AV warnings stopped my startup screen went to a black screen with the choices -start Windows XP Home and -Restore Windows XP Home. Then I noticed my CPU and memory totally maxing out in the performance tab of task manager. Then my computer starts freezing for a few seconds at a time. Then Internet Explorer, everytime I started it would have an error and needed to shut down. At that time I looked in task manager and I had 5 instances of iexplore.exe running. Now my computer just totally stops and I have to cold reboot can't even open taskmanager, and my desktop intermittently flickers (icons disappear and then reappear). Its also hard to get the screen saver to go off.
I also got a weird message when I double clicked on Spybot (it hadn't even opened yet), from MS Antispyware Beta that said "Allowed the shell open command for ftp files to be invoked by the program Microsoft Internet Explorer New Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Previous: None". I don't know what that was about but the computer froze at that point.
I have already used Spybot, Adaware, Pest Patrol, a-squared,The Cleaner 1.4, a2hijackfree, cwshredder, M.S. Antispyware, Ewido Security, E-Trust AV, and Trendmicros housecall. With the exception of tracking cookies from Spybot everything else says no infections.
I don't know what else to do. Thanks
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:05:59 PM, on 6/9/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sue\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = I Came I Saw I Got Distracted!!!!!
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboForm.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9903F4ED-B673-456A-A15F-ED90C7DE9EF5} (Sol Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v44/sol/sol.cab
O16 - DPF: {AC2881FD-5760-46DB-83AE-20A5C6432A7E} (SwapIt Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v61/swapit/swapit.cab
O16 - DPF: {BB21F850-63F4-4EC9-BF9D-565BD30C9AE9} (ASquaredScanForm Element) - http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/axscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
I have been having problems for about a week now, and I can't figure it out myself so here goes. Started off my computer was just unusually slow. Then I got warnings that my AV had expired for about 3 days then it stopped. About the same time the AV warnings stopped my startup screen went to a black screen with the choices -start Windows XP Home and -Restore Windows XP Home. Then I noticed my CPU and memory totally maxing out in the performance tab of task manager. Then my computer starts freezing for a few seconds at a time. Then Internet Explorer, everytime I started it would have an error and needed to shut down. At that time I looked in task manager and I had 5 instances of iexplore.exe running. Now my computer just totally stops and I have to cold reboot can't even open taskmanager, and my desktop intermittently flickers (icons disappear and then reappear). Its also hard to get the screen saver to go off.
I also got a weird message when I double clicked on Spybot (it hadn't even opened yet), from MS Antispyware Beta that said "Allowed the shell open command for ftp files to be invoked by the program Microsoft Internet Explorer New Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Previous: None". I don't know what that was about but the computer froze at that point.
I have already used Spybot, Adaware, Pest Patrol, a-squared,The Cleaner 1.4, a2hijackfree, cwshredder, M.S. Antispyware, Ewido Security, E-Trust AV, and Trendmicros housecall. With the exception of tracking cookies from Spybot everything else says no infections.
I don't know what else to do. Thanks
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:05:59 PM, on 6/9/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sue\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = I Came I Saw I Got Distracted!!!!!
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboForm.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-2.1.215.5\QOELoader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Firewall\ca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9903F4ED-B673-456A-A15F-ED90C7DE9EF5} (Sol Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v44/sol/sol.cab
O16 - DPF: {AC2881FD-5760-46DB-83AE-20A5C6432A7E} (SwapIt Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v61/swapit/swapit.cab
O16 - DPF: {BB21F850-63F4-4EC9-BF9D-565BD30C9AE9} (ASquaredScanForm Element) - http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/axscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe