This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't Uncheck My "Hide Protected Operating Files"

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am signed in as the administrator and when I go to uncheck Hide Protercted Operating Files it does absolutely nothing just stays checked
Neither the box is check with a green check mark, I can check and uncheck the box above and below in the same sub menu for show hidden files, However when I try to attempt to uncheck that particular box absolutely nothing happens.
This is quite irregular for me to ask, however if you will email me with your email addy I would like to send you a small app to try and see if this will fix your problem. In the mean time you should download Hijack This here and scan but do not fix anything yet. Save your scan to a log then copy and paste the results into a new thread in the "Hijack this logs and problems forum"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI