This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Network cable unplugged/Media Disconnected

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have been working on my husbands pc for 4 days trying to figure out why he cannot get online. I will try to be as specific as I can in explaing what it is doing and what I have done so far. PC SPECS: Windows XP Pro w/ SP3 Processor is an x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 Genuine Intel 2194 Mhz BIOS - American Megatrends 080014 07/31/2008 Adapter - Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI E FE Hard wired to a Verizon Modem My pc on the same modem (hard wired as well) works fine PROBLEM: 1.) He was on Hotmail checking his mail and lost connection on April 22. He shows a "network cable unplugged" in Network Connections and shows MSN as "Media Disconnected Device Missing". 2.) Went into ipconfig /all and it says " HOST NAME…….Carl-pc Primary DNS Suffix……….. (empty) Node type………..Broadcast IP Routing enabled………..No Wins Proxy Enabled………..No Media State…………..Media Disconnected THINGS I HAVE TRIED SO FAR: Replaced Ethernet cable, Replaced modem, installed an updated driver for NIC, In hardare Devices it shows adapter is fine and working, pinged 127…. and came back fine, looking in system info it shows no ip address, manually input ip address, Ran Winxpfix, Edited registry to reset winsock, Disconnected Media Sense, Uninstalled MSN, System Restore (tried a few different dates), ran AVG virus scan/Malware/Spybot, probably more things were tried, I just cant remember. Does anyone have any clue whats going on here???

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI