Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

ccApp.exe Runtime Error with Outlook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bessie

Bessie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:37 AM

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2 on a Dell Dimension 8250 Pentium 4. Using BT Broadband, recently installed, thorugh a 2WIRE1800 hub, with a wired connection to this computer. Using Norton Systemworks 2003 Pro. Using MS Outlook 2002 SP3. When I do a send/receive mail, a window pops up with the following error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I know ccApp.exe is a Norton file, but Norton's database offer me no help other than a suggestion to disable 'Exchange Extensions property pages'. Done that, didn't work. Everything else seems to be working fine, but I can't send/receive mail without getting this error, which then closes Norton. If I reboot, Norton works just fine until I try to get mail again. Any ideas? Thanks. Bessie

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tig

Tig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:55 AM

I had the same problem but with SNDSrvc.exe Run time error C++. I phoned the support team in N.I. and the helper got irrate with ME cos he could offer no help other than reinstall the software or put up with it cos it wont affect ur cover!!! nice eh! :thumbdown: not offering expert help here i'll leave that to others - just saying ive had trouble with Norton and by what i've read so have alot of other people.

#3 Bessie

Bessie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

Well, bizarrely, it seems to have fixed itself. This is one of those deeply frustrating moments when I wonder if I should just go back to doing everything with pen and paper. I have absolutely no idea how it got fixed, but there you go.

#4 Tig

Tig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

mmm, dunno about that, it may come back every so often, and hang your system, cant offer advice here but i can tell you what i did. I had to rename some stuff! but before i did this i visited the symantec site and used their knowledge base. BUT because of the nature of the problem you would be entitled to FREE consultation with symantec. Its their software after all.

#5 Tig

Tig

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

oh yeah a patch and a tweak in device man if i remember right