This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ccApp.exe Runtime Error with Outlook

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2 on a Dell Dimension 8250 Pentium 4. Using BT Broadband, recently installed, thorugh a 2WIRE1800 hub, with a wired connection to this computer. Using Norton Systemworks 2003 Pro. Using MS Outlook 2002 SP3. When I do a send/receive mail, a window pops up with the following error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I know ccApp.exe is a Norton file, but Norton's database offer me no help other than a suggestion to disable 'Exchange Extensions property pages'. Done that, didn't work. Everything else seems to be working fine, but I can't send/receive mail without getting this error, which then closes Norton. If I reboot, Norton works just fine until I try to get mail again. Any ideas? Thanks. Bessie
I had the same problem but with SNDSrvc.exe Run time error C++. I phoned the support team in N.I. and the helper got irrate with ME cos he could offer no help other than reinstall the software or put up with it cos it wont affect ur cover!!! nice eh! :thumbdown: not offering expert help here i'll leave that to others - just saying ive had trouble with Norton and by what i've read so have alot of other people.
Well, bizarrely, it seems to have fixed itself. This is one of those deeply frustrating moments when I wonder if I should just go back to doing everything with pen and paper. I have absolutely no idea how it got fixed, but there you go.
mmm, dunno about that, it may come back every so often, and hang your system, cant offer advice here but i can tell you what i did. I had to rename some stuff! but before i did this i visited the symantec site and used their knowledge base. BUT because of the nature of the problem you would be entitled to FREE consultation with symantec. Its their software after all.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI