MABman
Topic Starter
I was scanning my computer and my Norton ANTI' gave me a notification on something threatening my cpu. Though NON-VIRAL (it was NOT a virus as Norton Systemworks says) it says it is a threat never-the-less. I have tried every adware, spybot, HJT program suggested by all the wiz' - still THIS thing remains. When all of the adware programs first scanned, they picked it up - deleted it…and no longer was found. I was ecstatic because I could tell the difference.
But right afterward -and ONLY with a Norton scan everytime now- it finds the problem and after clicking on 'viewing these items' reads:
Filename Threat name Action Status
sp2protect.exe Adware.Ezula Adware found At risk
, then clicking on 'to learn about the threat, click on the threat name' reveals this:
The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\sp2protect.exe is a Adware threat.
Yet, when I search for it -the file is not there. It is not visible -even after revealing hidden files in the view folder, then scanning. Still nothing. Searching..ditto.
This Forum is my only hope. It seems this is one of a very small few that take themselves seriously enough to have real pro's as users. I just want this thing gone.
So as it is said:
All of you at TCF…you are my only hope.
But right afterward -and ONLY with a Norton scan everytime now- it finds the problem and after clicking on 'viewing these items' reads:
Filename Threat name Action Status
sp2protect.exe Adware.Ezula Adware found At risk
, then clicking on 'to learn about the threat, click on the threat name' reveals this:
The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\sp2protect.exe is a Adware threat.
Yet, when I search for it -the file is not there. It is not visible -even after revealing hidden files in the view folder, then scanning. Still nothing. Searching..ditto.
This Forum is my only hope. It seems this is one of a very small few that take themselves seriously enough to have real pro's as users. I just want this thing gone.
So as it is said:
All of you at TCF…you are my only hope.