This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

ZoneAlarm products - vulnerable to CA VET bug

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

FYI…see: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=38175

- http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2005-05-26
Updated May 26th 2005 22:53 UTC
"We reported earlier this week that several ZoneAlarm products include the VET library from Computer Associates, which has a serious vulnerability. Today, ZoneLabs released a list of products that include the anti-virus engine which contains the vulnerable VET dll:

Affected Products:
* ZoneAlarm Anti-virus
* ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Unaffected Products:
* ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm Pro
* Check Point Integrity clients and Integrity Server
* Integrity Clientless Security products …"

- http://castlecops.com/t122093-Zonelabs_Zon…r_Overflow.html

:oops: :ph34r:
I do. At home, I use a hardware router and Zone Alarm. On my laptop (with wireless) I always have Zone Alarm on. Never be unprotected in Strange networks :ph34r: m