This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HJT Log :)

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi!

I'd love for someone to take a peek at my HJT log and see if it looks ok, please. My computer runs pretty slow, with some nasty popups. I've done a scan with: Microsoft AntiSpyware (Beta 1), SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware (1185 files in quarantine!- should I just leave them there?), and CWShredder. Here's the latest HJT log:

Thanks a super bunch :thumbup: !!!!
R

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:23:10, on 16.05.2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Programme\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Programme\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Programme\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\??stem32\cmd.exe
C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atievxx.exe
C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Programme\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Programme\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
D:\Eigene Dateien\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://81.222.131.49/index.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://81.222.131.49/index.php
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://81.222.131.49/index.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://81.222.131.49/index.php
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://81.222.131.49/index.php
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programme\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\programme\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {ACB1E670-3217-45C4-A021-6B829A8A27CB} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\programme\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Explorer] LSAS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemLoad32] C:\WINDOWS\sysload32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Programme\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Programme\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Programme\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OLE] C:\WINDOWS\cssrs.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Orae] C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Elmar\Anwendungsdaten\beto.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Cgfyt] C:\WINDOWS\System32\??stem32\cmd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader - Schnellstart.lnk = C:\Programme\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programme\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\programme\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Im Cache gespeicherte Seite - res://c:\programme\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Nach Microsoft &Excel exportieren - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Verweisseiten - res://c:\programme\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Ähnliche Seiten - res://c:\programme\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programme\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\bin\npjpi141_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Programme\Java\j2re1.4.1_01\bin\npjpi141_01.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.slotchbar.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.slotchbar.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted IP range: 81.222.131.59
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid;=0x409
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1115907122818
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {F0BC061F-DAF9-4533-8011-53BCB4C10307} (Installations Assistent) - http://install.serviceurl.de/InstallationsAssistent.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{91D28F4B-9D8A-4FCF-9C68-012346E4347B}: NameServer = 195.34.133.13,195.34.133.4
O21 - SSODL: eplrr - {9081B14C-BB18-4F18-B629-B1629FC19677} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\eplrr3.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Programme\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
Hi ricki and welcome to the Tom Coyote Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will he helping you.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

1. Go to the Tom Coyote Forums http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?
.Click on My Controls near the top middle of the window (make sure you have signed in first)
.On the left hand column, click "view topics"
.If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there
2. Also, while at that place in control panel, check the box to the right of your post and then scroll down.
Where it says "unsubscribe" click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification", By doing this, you will be notified as soon as I have posted a reply to your log.

3. I want you to download and run a free trial version of an anti-trojan program called Trojan Hunter: Trojan Hunter . Let it scan your whole system and remove anything it finds.

REBOOT
your system.

4. Finally, run HijackThis and with all windows closed except for HJT, click SCAN, produce a LOG and POST it in this thread for review.


Regards,

Trevuren
Hi, and thanks for your responce! My problems have gotten significantly bigger since our correspondence… I ran Microsft AntiSpyware (Beta 1) as I usually do every few days before I run anyother scanware. Before and as I was running it, many popups appeared and I also got a new unwanted green button on my desktop reading "Click Me" (which I didn't of course), and two new unwanted buttons on my bottom task bar- one of a little black and white terrier dog head, the other looking like a small grey planet (both of which I also didn't click on). The Scan found 32 "severe" viruses, of which it then deleted. Then I rebooted the computer, as usual, and then after the computer rebooted I had nothing left on the desktop except the wallpaper! No tool bar, no START button, no icons, nothing. :blink: I'm scared to do anything else because my husbands' doctorate dissertation is on this laptop (his fault he didn't save it elsewhere anyway:) ! Any suggestions? SUPER THANKS!!!! PS- I have no idea how to "reboot in safe mode" (I read users doing that in another forum) or anything like that, so could you please explain in detail if that's what I should do? Thanks for your patience!!!!
Hi rickikoinig,

Correct me if I am wrong. Your experience with the internal workings of a computer is very limited

and

The data on the computer is irreplacable.


If this is the case. It is crucial that this doctoral dissertation be removed from the laptop until everything is cleared up.

Find someone proficient in this matter who can go in and copy the dissertation data onto some form of removal media to be transferred onto another machine or to this one once it has been cleaned up.

Like with any data, we cannot give you any assurances that it won't be lost because we aren't sure of how the infection has compromised the system.

I will be extremely pleased to help you clean up the machine once that data is secure.

Regards,

Trevuren
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI