This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

CPU usage at 100% on Windows XP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Windows XP SP2 installed. Recently the computer has been running rather slowly. When I look at the task manager, I see that spoolsv.exe is running at close to 100% of CPU. From other sites, I see that spoolsv.exe is needed for printing, but it shouldn't be using so much CPU. Any ideas on how I can get it to run correctly? Thanks.
There was something in the queue. Deleting it solve the problem. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI