Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Searchclimbers Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mark f

mark f

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:48 AM

Hello, Just wanted to let you know of this terrible piece of software called 'Searchclimbers'. This program somehow downloaded itself illegally on to my machine and now hijacks my searches and creates pop-ups. Worse than this, it's a real nightmare to get rid of. No mention of the program in 'Add-remove' programs and all the files are hidden away or called obscure names - only a skilled computer user could work it out. They are obviously aiming to get a user base through these deceptive methods. I've been trying to remove this invasive, intrusive unasked for software for days with no results other than utter frustration. I have also found the program to be highly unstable often crashing or freezing IE. Who knows what else Searchclimbers are up to. We need to make sure these guys are punished for what they do to innocent peoples computers. I'm making it my mission to warn PC users against this threat. Lets hope we can put a stop to 'Searchclimbers'. Thanks Mark

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:11 AM

If you would like our help in removing it,
Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Unzip to a convenient permanent folder, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com