This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

No Internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I just got through removing some bad stuff like CW shreddar trojan from pc. Now it wont get on the internet. I have released and renewed IP, can ping sucessfully but no internet. Seems like DNS problem but it's not. It wont even search with IP address. NE suggestions?
Could you provide us with a little more info please? Are you on a network, or connected directly to the net? Dial-up/DSL/Cable…etc. What is the error your getting… a 404? Have you tried to "Fix" the connection? Whats the "LAN settings" in Internet settings set to…and have you tried unchecking "Automatically detect" (or checking it which ever applies). Whats your security set to.. "low".. "medium"…etc and have you tried "Accepting all cookies" (which I dont reccomend but maybe be ness.) Can you get to your modem diagnostics page and is it setup properly?