Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Monitoring Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Zapple_*

Guest_Zapple_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

I have read that monitoring progams like eBlaster, Spector Pro and Iambigbrother fall under the dectetion radar of spybot software. How does one detect a program like eBlaster if it is on my computer? If the spyware software doesn't pick it up won't firewall software or virus software? Zapple

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 'KotaGuy

'KotaGuy

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:21 AM

Some free Spyware solutions may not pick up all surveilance type programs. For the commercial surveilance programs, you're better off to go with a commercial(pay) scanner.

This page has more information that you may find helpful.

Other than that, I imagine a combination of HijackThis and other tools would sniff it out.

#3 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:40 PM

some AV may detect security threats. other ways that may prove useful: firewalls, dos netstat, tcpview, Filemon, Process Explorer, sniffers, Regmon, ProcessGuard.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?