This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help Please!

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have never had a problem with pop ups before. I recently got a cable modem but kept my AOL because I thought it would offer me protection from pop ups and viruses, but it hasn't. I have the virus scan (McAfee) and I have the spyscan. A few days age my DH (which I could kill right now) went to a some porn site and ever since then, pops come even when I'm not online! It is driving me mad. I did a virus scan and it found 2 viruses and other things they called "undesirables" or "ad ware"…but one of the viruses was undeletable (not sure if that is the source of my problem). Anyhow, since I have been getting Micrsoft Errors popping up on the screen, then AOL will shut down for no reason, and of course the pops up slllllooowww everything to a crawl. I am not very computer savvy but I can manage if instructed, I think? Can you please help me get this evil stuff out of my system! I have tons of my sons baby pictures saved on this computer and I will be crushed if my hardrive crashes and I lose them. That's what happen to my last computer, but luckily for me I had a warranty and it was replaced (although I still lost all my saved data). Thanks!!!! btw- I have no idea how to do a log to show you what is going on in my system…I'm feeling really uneducated about my computer right now! uggggg….any help would be great!
Hello Erica and welcome to TomCoyote. :wavey:

Download HijackThis from here. Save the file to your desktop.

Double click HijackThis_sfx.exe and select Unzip. When done click "OK".
Close the WinZip self Extractor window.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\HijackThis and double click HijackThis.exe. Click "Do a system scan and save a logfile". When the scan is done, notepad will open with the log in it. In notepad on the edit tab, click "select all" then on the edit tab again select "copy". Click the "add reply" button to make a post in this thread. When the new window opens to place your reply, Hold "ctrl" on your keyboard and tap the "V" key. This should paste the log into the box. Then click "add reply".
Hi Alan
Thanks for trying to help me, I do appreciate it! Your Lab is a cutie!

Ok here is my log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:33:26 PM, on 4/10/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\WINDOWS\sfita.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrrw\rrrwm.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolwbspd.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.searchforit.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Optimum Online Toolbar - {720B3C59-7EDE-44d1-AD9C-71106A7550AF} - C:\Program Files\OptimumOnline\insptbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sfita] C:\WINDOWS\sfita.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [rrrw] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrrw\rrrwm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOLCC] "C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Scrapbook Designer\scrapremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Optimum Online Cursor Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Infospace\OptimumOnline\contextsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {37DF41B2-61DB-4CAC-A755-CFB3C7EE7F40} (AOL Content Update) - http://esupport.aol.com/help/acp2/engine/aolcoach_core_1.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…83/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {A27AD582-5BE5-4C2D-82F0-48B24FE02040} - http://www.adshooter.com/pop_shooter/insta…00/SYSsfitb.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…,20/mcgdmgr.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E0D35E8-ADCA-42A4-BF01-5503BE58BD4D}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
Step 1
I couldn't find any information on this file. Do you know what it is? Right click on the file and choose 'properties', than on the 'version' tab note what the "Company" and "Version" are.

C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\rrrw\rrrwm.exe

If you still are unsure what this file is, please submit it to the following links for a scan.
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://virusscan.jotti.org/


Step 2
Open HijackThis, run a scan, then check the following:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.searchforit.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.searchforit.com/searchbar

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sfita] C:\WINDOWS\sfita.exe

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

O16 - DPF: {A27AD582-5BE5-4C2D-82F0-48B24FE02040} - http://www.adshooter.com/pop_shooter/insta…00/SYSsfitb.cab


With all other programs and browsers closed, click fix checked.


Step 3
Please set your computer to show all files.

* Double-click My Computer.
* Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
* Click the View tab.
* Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
* Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
* Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
* Click Apply, and then click OK.

You will need to reverse this process when all steps are done.


Step 4
Please delete the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\sfita.exe

If you have any problem deleting these files, reboot into Safe Mode (tap F8 during bootup, use arrow keys to select Safe Mode, then hit 'enter') and try again.


Step 5
Reboot normally and scan with HijackThis. Post the new log as a reply to this thread.
Please let us know of any complications you had and how the computer is behaving.
Hi Alan

Ok, what I know about that file rrrwa.exe is that it is a virus…it was the found when I did my first virus scan by McAffee and it was undeleteable. I scanned it at the two websites you linked me to and they also confirmed it to be a virus. I receive errors all the time from the file…the two most common are

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
program c:progra~1xcommon~/rrrw/rrrwa.exe (sorry for the backwards slash, I can't find the key for the opposite way.)

The other error I get from it is the
Micorsoft Error rrrwa.exe
sorry for the inconvience but a problem has occured and rrrwa.exe needs to shut down and work unsaved will be lost.
Send report…Don't send report tabs.

I found the file and right clicked on it, went to properties but there was no "version"tab and no company or version name to list.


Other problems that I am experiencing lately and am wondering if it's cause of this virus is my desktop is extremely slow to load!! And everytime I turn on my pc and my desktop loads, my kodak software opens…it never used too. I am also having problems transfering my ditigal pictures from the camera, that also never happened before. All of sudden instead of going straight into kodak like it always did, another folder opens up called ditigal camera…I'm not sure if this is all happening from this thing messing with everything?

I deleted the sfita.exe file and it went into my recycling bin, is that a problem?

Here is my log after following all your steps…again I truly appreciate all your help.
Thanks-Erica


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:54:29 AM, on 4/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrrw\rrrwm.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolwbspd.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Optimum Online Toolbar - {720B3C59-7EDE-44d1-AD9C-71106A7550AF} - C:\Program Files\OptimumOnline\insptbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [rrrw] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrrw\rrrwm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOLCC] "C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Scrapbook Designer\scrapremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Optimum Online Cursor Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Infospace\OptimumOnline\contextsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {37DF41B2-61DB-4CAC-A755-CFB3C7EE7F40} (AOL Content Update) - http://esupport.aol.com/help/acp2/engine/aolcoach_core_1.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…83/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…,20/mcgdmgr.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E0D35E8-ADCA-42A4-BF01-5503BE58BD4D}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
I recommend uninstalling the digital camera software, rebooting, than reinstalling the software to fix the problem. You can empty the recycle bin after this fix.

Step 1
Open HijackThis, run a scan, then check the following:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [rrrw] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\rrrw\rrrwm.exe

With all other programs and browsers closed, click fix checked.


Step 2
Please set your computer to show all files.

* Double-click My Computer.
* Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
* Click the View tab.
* Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
* Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
* Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
* Click Apply, and then click OK.

You will need to reverse this process when all steps are done.


Step 3
Reboot into Safe Mode (tap F8 during bootup, use arrow keys to select Safe Mode, then hit 'enter').



Step 4
Please delete the following folder:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\rrrw


Step 5
Reboot normally and scan with HijackThis. Post the new log as a reply to this thread.
Please let us know of any complications you had and how the computer is behaving.
Hi Alan
I followed your instructions and everything seemed to go smoothly.

The only other thing that is still happening, which I don't think I mentioned, is that most programs are giving me a hard time closing. It may be resolved now that I deleted that rrrwm.exe file, but I'm not sure yet. Since this virus infected my computer, everytime I close any program…be it AOL, my scrapbooking program, or just shutting down the computer…I get the gray box that appears and says
(this was the last one I got)

End Program-hpcmpmgr.exe
program is unresponsive, if you hit end now you will lose any unsaved data.
End Now (tab)

Here is my log. TThank you again!!!

Erica

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:19:16 PM, on 4/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hpdarc.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Optimum Online Toolbar - {720B3C59-7EDE-44d1-AD9C-71106A7550AF} - C:\Program Files\OptimumOnline\insptbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOLCC] "C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Scrapbook Designer\scrapremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Optimum Online Cursor Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Infospace\OptimumOnline\contextsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {37DF41B2-61DB-4CAC-A755-CFB3C7EE7F40} (AOL Content Update) - http://esupport.aol.com/help/acp2/engine/aolcoach_core_1.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…83/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…,20/mcgdmgr.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
Your new log is clean. :thumbup:

hpcmpmgr.exe Checks the internet for updated drivers/utilities for your HP product - update manually. Disabling will remove the error "Windows can't shutdown the computer because hpcmpmgr.exe can\'t be ended"

You can fix that item with Hijackthis but you will need to check for updates for any HP products manually.

MOST IMPORTANT: You Need to Update Windows and IE to get all the Latest Security Patches to protect your computer from the malware that is on the internet.
I recommend going to the following link and update to SP2. This adds more security and extra features including a pop-up blocker for Internet Explorer.
Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer Updates

Here is a great link that explains the procedure for updating to SP2 with less complications (scroll down to the second post).


I suggest that you get these programs to help keep the computer clean:

Spyware Blaster - Blocks bad ActiveX items from installing on your computer. Spyware Blaster runs silently in the background.
SpywareGuard - Real-time protection from spyware installation attempts
ie-spyad - Puts over 8,000 bad URLs into your restricted sites for Internet Explorer.
Google Toolbar - Blocks many unwanted pop-ups in Internet Explorer.
Firefox - Safer alternative to the Internet Explorer web browser.
ZoneAlarm - Free firewall program if you currently are not using one.

Here are three very good and free malware scanners:

Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
AdAware SE v1.05
Set-up Instructions for Spybot S&D; and Adaware SE
A2 Squared

If you have them already, check to make sure that they are the newest version.

Update these regularly.

You may also want to read "How did I get infected in the first place" to learn how to better secure your computer.

Be sure to keep Windows and your Anti-virus updated.
HI Alan, thank you so much for all your help!!! I'm printing out all your suggestions right now! It was like magic, I haven't had an annoying pop up again!! I just had one more quick question about something you recommended…if I uninstall my digital camera software, Will I lose all my saved pictures? I know I should have them backed up anyway but I don't have a burner anymore. Should I wait until I can get my hands on one to back everything up or is it safe to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks again for all your efforts!!! Very grateful Erica!
I see that I didn't specify which item to fix in my last post. :oops:
Here it is: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"

As for reinstalling the camera software, if the pictures are stored in the My Pictures folder, they will not be removed when uninstalling the software. If they are in another folder, you may want to create a folder on the C:/ (such as C:/Picture backups and copy them to it. This way if they are removed during the uninstall, you will still have a backup.

Let us know if you are still having any problems during shutdown.
As this topic has been resolved, the thread will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link:
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.
Topic reopened at user's request.

Hi This is Erica1001 and I am asking if this thread can be reopened as I am having trouble again!!  I was unable to solve the problem with the errors, programs not responding and most importantly when I followed the instructions to uninstall my kodak software and then reinstall, it wouldn't work.  I keep getting an error saying that because of the pop up blockers it won't allow it.  I tried removing all the software I downloaded, ie spyblaster, zone alarm fire wall etc.. but it still will not allow me to reinstall my Kodak software.  Please let me know what I should do!!

Thank you
Erica

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your computer. Please post an updated HijackThis log as a reply to this thread. Also post any error messages that you are receiving. (be as specific as possible)
Hi Alan
Thank you for reopening the thread and helping me out. My major problem is not being able to reinstall my camera software. I just tried again so I could copy down the errors I received and I can tell you what they are, and of course…this time it gave me a different error. This time it didn't say anything about pop blockers needing to be disabled, but maybe that is because I have already deleted all of them from my computer while trying to fix it on my own.

This is the first error I got just now (which I had never gotten before)

*Setup Wizard
System Confirguration
Some settings on your system do not meet the requirements for running the software.
You might need to increase the size of teh system page file*

The next error I got was -
*Kodak Easyshare software setup failed while attempting to install a package
Kodak Easyshare was unable to finish your task. (error code 12x17x1603)
Would you like to go online for a solution.
Yes or No*

I clicked yes and it brought me to the kodak FAQS or troubleshooting webpage…the first few times, this is where is said the stuff about the pop blockers. Tonight, it didn't say that. Here is a link to the webpage.

http://faqs.kodak.com/EasyShare_Software_E…u=&os=WinXPHome

I am still getting a lot of the other errors such as the system not responding, end now tab.

I haven't been bombarded with pop ups though, so that is a huge plus! I have only received the occasional one when I visit my delphi forum.

Here is my log.
Thanks again, I appreciate your time and effort!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:35:22 PM, on 5/5/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolwbspd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSPS~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Optimum Online Toolbar - {720B3C59-7EDE-44d1-AD9C-71106A7550AF} - C:\Program Files\OptimumOnline\insptbar.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOLCC] "C:\Program Files\AOL Computer Check-Up\ACCAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Scrapbook Designer\scrapremind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Optimum Online Cursor Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Infospace\OptimumOnline\contextsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {37DF41B2-61DB-4CAC-A755-CFB3C7EE7F40} (AOL Content Update) - http://esupport.aol.com/help/acp2/engine/aolcoach_core_1.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…83/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.av.aol.com/molbin/shared/m…,20/mcgdmgr.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E0D35E8-ADCA-42A4-BF01-5503BE58BD4D}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
I see from the link that you posted the following instructions:

  • Uninstall EasyShare software:
    • Select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs.
      For Windows XP operating systems, select Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs.
    • Select Kodak EasyShare software.
    • Select Remove (or select Change, and then select Remove).
  • Run the Clear utility:
    • Visit the CLEAR Utility for Kodak EasyShare software Web page at www.kodak.com/go/clear.
    • Click the Download button, and then follow the on-screen prompts.
  • After restarting your computer, visit the Kodak EasyShare software Web page at www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw and install the latest version of EasyShare software.

Did you follow these instructions including running the CLEAR Utility and installing the newest software from their website instead of the disk that came with the camera?

Your log is still clean. :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI