This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I Need Help With Pop Ups And Errors Please!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have never had a problem with pop ups before. I recently got a cable modem but kept my AOL because I thought it would offer me protection from pop ups and viruses, but it hasn't. I have the virus scan (McAfee) and I have the spyscan. A few days age my DH (which I could kill right now) went to a some porn site and ever since then, pops come even when I'm not online! It is driving me mad. I did a virus scan and it found 2 viruses and other things they called "undesirables" or "ad ware"…but one of the viruses was undeletable (not sure if that is the source of my problem). Anyhow, since I have been getting Micrsoft Errors popping up on the screen, then AOL will shut down for no reason, and of course the pops up slllllooowww everything to a crawl. I am not very computer savvy but I can manage if instructed, I think? Can you please help me get this evil stuff out of my system! I have tons of my sons baby pictures saved on this computer and I will be crushed if my hardrive crashes and I lose them. That's what happen to my last computer, but luckily for me I had a warranty and it was replaced (although I still lost all my saved data). Thanks!!!!
I am not an expert either but I would recommend going to symantec.com and doing an online virus scan there which will tell you exactly what virus's you have if you don't know already. Good idea to do anyway as your software may not be aware of all the virus's. Next you can look up the virus information on their site and see what is involved in removing them. I do not work for symantec and I honestly do not know what the best antivirus software is. But I use symantec. For the spyware I would get over to webroot.com pronto and dowload their trial version of spysweeper. You get to trial the software for 30 days for free and if you like it you can of course buy it. I always shut mine off after running a scan though as I find this software to be quite a memory hog (the only setback). You could also try spyware doctor which complements spysweeper very nicely but there is no trial period with this software. Finally download tuneup utilities 2004 from www.tune-up.com I believe there is a 30 day trial for this software. This product has definitely helped me a lot with software problems. Good luck!
I actually think that bitdefender may be a better commercial antivirus software than symantec. Also spyware eliminator may be the best commercial spyware eliminating product.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI