OK, installed it, but is that all I have to do? Once I click on install does it run automatically? Should have asked that earlier. See, this is why I stay away from high places, I tend to not look before I leap…..!
Fabulous, I'll have to remember that one! Wish everything in life was as quick a fix as that was! I mean, aside from the goofy thing I did deleting all that junk by hand. You wouldn't have believed what was in there, I'm all a-blush just thinking of it. Good thing my Mom wasn't here, she would have smacked me into next year.
So I did a Panda Scan after running that program and guess what? No sorry, not good news…..it still finds Whenusave. I did see it in that superhuge list of rude nasties, but nowhere else. At least I don't think it's anywhere else, today is the first time I've ever seen the words horndog.com on my screen. Who knows, it may be lurking in there yet.
I'll keep you posted, thanks again!
Amanda
Heh… horndog.com
And if all it takes is a few words on the screen to make ya blush… guess I won't bother with the links I was gonna give ya… probably make your head ASPLODE!!!
I don't think I'd worry about the Panda Scan result. Not worth it
I think McAfee is a disease, but some people feel that way about Norton. It seems like people are one way or the other. Love McAfee, hate Norton, or vice versa
You know, I think some of the preference debate comes down to what you use the machine for. I use Mcafee here and the Corporate Office uses Symantec(Norton). I find Mcafee works fine for me mostly because I'm not trolling the net a lot, just a few sites here and there. Corporate has nothing but trouble with Symantec, always having "breaches" and errors but they've resisted my suggestion to go the better way.
Now, on the other hand, my Mom (who has a taste for Casino sites and online Euchre) swears by Norton. She had McAfee and it was nothing but trouble to her. As soon as she switched to Norton it was Viva Las Vegas.
I used to have trouble when I switched to McAfee because I'd get scanned by Corporate's Symantec service when I was remotely connected to their server. The two don't jive, so I've struck a deal with them. They won't scan me if I keep my antivirus up to date and if I submit two clean online scan logs every couple of days. I used to use Panda, but unfortunately now I can't. Dagnabit, Whenusave!
In a way too I guess it's a lot like Coke vs Pepsi, Canadian vs Blue, Miller vs Coors, Boxers vs Briefs, etc. It's all personal choice. I tend to go with what gives me the least trouble and so far that's the big red M. Although some people have told me the M stands for "Mischief and Mayhem in your Machine"……hasn't happened here yet.
DumbTerminal, I get such a kick out of that baby's face. What a cutie!
Have a great day, guys!
Amanda
DumbTerminal, I get such a kick out of that baby's face. What a cutie!
Have a great day, guys!
Amanda
155382
Thank you, you're not so bad yourself!
Its actually a gif that morphs from the baby into the hideous monstrosity that is myself, but it doesn't work on this forum for some reason. I don't really spend alot of time here, so I never noticed. Maybe I'll try to fix it
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI