ukbiker
Topic Starter
Evening all.
I have been spending some time looking through the "Solved" forum and something has occured to me. I have seen some of the requests for help where, in the posters introduction, the poster lists the security applications which they employ. I have noticed that a couple of "less reputable" applications (as listed on Suzi's spywarewarrior site under rogues ) have been listed by posters, yet were not commented on in the analysis subsequently provided. I would suggest that it would help the poster to secure their system post recovery, if they could at least be advised of the existence of rogue applications and provided with a link to spywarewarrior where they can satisfy themselves as to the reputation of their programmes.
It is of course entirely down to the individual as to what software they choose to employ, and i am not sure that it should be the responsibility of the helper to explicitly identify a particular programme as rogue (bearing in mind the castlecops/iDownload issue), but at least the poster can be given information to enable them to make an Informed choice in the selection of software.
ttfn
Jock