This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Has Anyone Heard Of This Before?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I was visiting my mom the other day and I checked out her computer. It was loaded with all kinds of spyware, as she likes the free scfeensavers, coupons, recipes, and other crap that is given away on crap sites. (Note: mom is a BIG TIME beginner computer user!). I run all the basics to clean up her system (AdAware, SPybotSD, clean cache). I delete a bunch of crap she has installed (such as the likes of weatherbug) and reboot. The only problem she still has is whenever she is typing out an email she hits the space button or the period (.) it opens up her start menu. At first I thought it was hotkeys, but I disabled them and it didn't help. Any ideas? WHat other info do you need to know? Thanks in advance!
Try a new or different keyboard. If it works try washing the old one and letting it dry for several days or just dump it, they ar so cheap these days. I had something similar happen to an old PC years back. It had been hit with a power spike after a thunder storm. The modem was ruined. The PC would be OK for a while then go awry and need rebooting. I might have got it back with a system restore but the OEM OS wasn't supplied. Never use OEM stuff, they are not cheap.