My computer is dying. I have used all the spyware cleaning programs I can find and they're not working. Feels like I'm on a battlefield. Not only that, but I just got a call from my credit card company and there is a $2200 charge as of last night that is not mine. I'm actually scared and freaking out. I can follow directions to get this cleaned up, but I'm not a real computer expert.
Now save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\. Note that it is important to run HijackThis from a permanent folder so the backups will be saved and available to use if something goes wrong.
Before running HJT please download and run these tools if you have not done so already. Take your time and read through the tutorials to properly set them up.
Now run HijackThis and click on the "Do a system scan and save a logfile button". Save it to your HJT folder. Notepad will open automatically with the logfile. Now copy and paste All of your logfile from Notepad into a new post here by clicking on the "post reply" button. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or essential, so don't fix anything yet.
Hello Dave,
Thank you so much for responding to my request for help. Actually, my husband was previously working with MrCharlie on a problem and I didn't know he had added my request to his. So my computer is nearly fixed!
This is a wonderful site and a real blessing for those of us who can't comprehend the mechanics of fixing such a huge mess.
Once again…
Thank you!
iamiam
Hi iamiam,
Good to hear on getting your PC fixed
Make sure you follow any and all the advice MrCharlie gives to protect your system from future infection.
Safe Surfing!
Dave
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link (Click for address) Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.
If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI