My brother built me this computer…. and then died 2 weeks later!
He taught me a bit about it - but I am past my expertise in these areas!
I have been slowing down lately and have tried all I know….
Done Virus Scans ( had a torjan or two – think I ridded myself of that)
and Spyware check, malware checks, etc.
Latest BitDefender online scan showed a virus in System Volume Information/restore…but it did not remove it.
I checked into that file (by unchecking the box " Hide Protected Operating Sytems" that kept it hidden) and found it had listed ( in the properties):
2.92 GB SIZE
1.53 GB SIZE ON DISK
5,504 FILES
301 FOLDERS
I closed it back up – did a search on how to clean up the System Volume Information.. and found you great folks!
I downloaded latest version of Hijack This – ran it and here is the log.
I trust that you know more than I do … and am willing to dump some of the programs and virus scans I have on the computer – as I think that is screwing me up, also.
Any help you can give me is much appreciiated.. like I said, my brother was "my expert" in areas like this for so long … his sudden death has left me at a loss – in more ways than one!
Thanks!~
Mountain Momma
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:51:05 PM, on 2/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~2\ONETOU~2.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe
C:\Program Files\a2\a2guard.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\traywc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ebay.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.intouch.org/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\XP PRO\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gwtpv2ht.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_02.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\XP PRO\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gwtpv2ht.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9527D42F-D666-11D3-B8DD-00600838CD5F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~2\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -sboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpyKiller] C:\Program Files\SpyKiller\spykiller.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mozilla Quick Launch] "C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe" -turbo
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [a²] "C:\Program Files\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: traywc.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: RaptisoftGameLoader - http://www.miniclip.com/hamsterball/raptisoftgameloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-2222-111111111157} - mhtml:file://C:NO_SUCH_MHT.MHT!http://221.2.162.20:6180/004/start.exe
O16 - DPF: {17D72920-7A15-11D4-921E-0080C8DA7A5E} (AimSp32 Class) - http://66.48.68.135/save/makeover.cab
O16 - DPF: {49DEC3C0-C71A-11D4-BA38-000102621B9B} - http://store.yahoo.net/lib/cursorskins1/MouseMagicCS.cab
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/EP…l_v1-0-3-18.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D9E4B6D-CD17-4D85-99D4-6A52B394EC3B} (WSDownloader Control) - http://www.webshots.com/samplers/WSDownloader.ocx
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} (Groove Control) - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX28.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_01) -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/hpdj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?325
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = mydomain.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{96168CA7-32B2-4F64-A82E-43DA5815B405}: NameServer = 12.152.144.30,12.152.144.15
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\windows: NameServer = 216.127.92.38
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = mydomain.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.127.92.38
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{44D6C2AD-7048-4D16-9AB7-0CF1B565FE91}: NameServer = 216.127.92.38
O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = mydomain.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.127.92.38
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.127.92.38
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe