Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Icons Used By Tomcoyote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher_35

Christopher_35

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

I posted a HJT log in the correct forum, but sadly as of yet have no reply. My two questions are 1) The envelope icon to the left hand side of my new thread has a black dot in the centre, please could you tell me what this means. 2) After sliding down the list into the abyss, how do I bring my posting back to the top of the list. Thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

Hi. Ok first the basics: The envelope with the dot symbolizes that that is your post 2. You may have noticed that there are ALOT of posts here. Posts get bumped down the list when a new post appears or a new reply is posted. It can be hard to keep track of your post. In just a day, your post can be in the 3rd page and beyond. Please realize, there are a limited number of us. We try to get to all posts in a timely manner, but, frankly, there are many posts for us to cover. It may take some time to get a reply to your post. You can do some things to help you find your post. 1. go to the tom coyote forums Click on Control panel at the top right hand corner of the window (make sure you have signed in first) On the left hand column, click "view topics" If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there 2. Also, while at that place in control panel, check the box next to your post and then scroll down Where it says "unsubscribe" click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification". This should give you an email when you receive a post, but it is still good to check once in awhile. If you have trouble understanding anything, please let me know. wng
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#3 Christopher_35

Christopher_35

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 06:18 AM

Hello wng Thank you for your reply. Now I know what the dot is for. Also I did tick the e_mail me box and thank you for the information on keeping tracks of my posts Christopher

#4 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:10 AM

You are very welcome
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005