Xfakktor
Topic Starter
Hello To All,
I'm new to this forum and I'm in most desperate need of help as well. Since Dec.23 I have not been able to view any web pages using my DSL broadband service. My only way to get online has been thru dial up. I've contacted my ISP provider and they couldn't help, and the manufacturer was clueless too. I've also taken my PC to two different PC repair shops and they may find a trojan or some adware and tell me I'm good to go, but once I get my PC home and make all my connections, it's still a no go. I've ran the network diagonostics feature and it keeps telling me that the internet explorer web configuration proxy isn't configured. No matter how hard I try or what settings I use, nothing changes. My PC shows that the LAN connection is on and the two PC's at the taskbar show that I have an established internet connection, but something's blocking me from viewing the pages. I'm trying to narrow it down to one of two possible problems, either I'm having some type of weird DNS problem or there's an intruder on my system who moves in shadows. Hopefully you guys can peep my log file and tell me if I have an unwanted guest.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 10:01:20 AM, on 1/29/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\SECRETMAKER\secretmaker.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Eggs\stinger.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hunter\Desktop\A Jacker's Nightmare\hijackthis199.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.sprint.earthlink.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.sprint.earthlink.net
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: IeHelper Class - {A491D208-B353-490F-B81A-A8A3DC97042D} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\smiehlp.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://us8l.hpwis.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B5312669-D437-49AB-B4D9-8DFC94901949}: NameServer = 207.69.188.187 207.69.188.186
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D3751531-1F7F-4AD1-AAD1-77571093AFE4}: NameServer = 192.168.1.1
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: HP Configuration Interface Service - Hewlett-Packard - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
O23 - Service: HPWirelessMgr - Hewlett-Packard Co. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
I'm new to this forum and I'm in most desperate need of help as well. Since Dec.23 I have not been able to view any web pages using my DSL broadband service. My only way to get online has been thru dial up. I've contacted my ISP provider and they couldn't help, and the manufacturer was clueless too. I've also taken my PC to two different PC repair shops and they may find a trojan or some adware and tell me I'm good to go, but once I get my PC home and make all my connections, it's still a no go. I've ran the network diagonostics feature and it keeps telling me that the internet explorer web configuration proxy isn't configured. No matter how hard I try or what settings I use, nothing changes. My PC shows that the LAN connection is on and the two PC's at the taskbar show that I have an established internet connection, but something's blocking me from viewing the pages. I'm trying to narrow it down to one of two possible problems, either I'm having some type of weird DNS problem or there's an intruder on my system who moves in shadows. Hopefully you guys can peep my log file and tell me if I have an unwanted guest.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 10:01:20 AM, on 1/29/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\SECRETMAKER\secretmaker.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Eggs\stinger.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Hunter\Desktop\A Jacker's Nightmare\hijackthis199.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.sprint.earthlink.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.sprint.earthlink.net
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: IeHelper Class - {A491D208-B353-490F-B81A-A8A3DC97042D} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\smiehlp.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://us8l.hpwis.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B5312669-D437-49AB-B4D9-8DFC94901949}: NameServer = 207.69.188.187 207.69.188.186
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D3751531-1F7F-4AD1-AAD1-77571093AFE4}: NameServer = 192.168.1.1
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: HP Configuration Interface Service - Hewlett-Packard - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
O23 - Service: HPWirelessMgr - Hewlett-Packard Co. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe