This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Usage 100%

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

At Startup of my computer I recently noticed that it is running at 100% usage. Is this normal and if so is it becuase it is loading up all the progrmans or should it really be running at a much lower usage. Bear in mind though that I do have quite a few Spyware/Virus programs on there that I have set to start as soon as my computer is swithced on so I was thinking this is why? Bertha
Check whats in your start up folder, use task manager ctrl/alt/del to take a peak. Many programs park themselves there but are not required at start up.
Hi Bertha I use Winpatrol to controll what gets started at startup. It has a much niecer interface than Task Manager and gives much more info about the programs. http://www.winpatrol.com It also does a lot of other useful tasks that can be done in other ways but not as easily. It has been recomended a number of times by Fred Langa.
Thanks Peeps for helping me out here, :) :thumbup: It's my Antivirus that is tkaing up the usage, it goes back down to aorund 2% after it has all loaded up, takes around 3 minutes. Bertha

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI