This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijacked!access Denied!

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

By disconecting everything and then scanning I managed to delete something called trojan.frontpage.f but there is still this wtlbass file that I know will come back to take my homepage and leave me with Access Denied as my browser. Also something called CWS.analyzeIE? I have AdAware, Webroot, spybot and Norton all on here but they still got me. Here's my log:


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 9:59:40 PM, on 1/19/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Stewart\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: VDOMP Class - {A0ED918D-B8E6-4c3d-BD15-1DB1AE9A5DD3} - C:\WINDOWS\wtlbass32.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CSRSSW] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSRSSW.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMONSS] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMONSS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe

Thanks for your help,
stuck013
Hi Stewart, Welcome to TomCoyote, If you are still looking for help, I will see what I can do. Please look at your HJT.exe on the Desktop first. If it is not in a folder, right click on a blank spot and make a new folder, call it HJT and drag the HJT.exe into that folder. Needed to store backups for safety and logs you create.

Even though I do not see it, I would like to run the CWShredder tool to be safe since you reference to it. Go here: http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshr…r_download.html Choose Download the stand-alone version of CWShredder. Once downloaded, make sure you update it first, then choose FIX. Note if it locates anything and let me know.

Open Task Manager, under the Processes Tab highlite and end process on these items:
CSRSSW
CTFMONSS

Use the instructions in the link to enable hidden files for your Operating System:
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

Scan with HJT and check each of these line items:

O2 - BHO: VDOMP Class - {A0ED918D-B8E6-4c3d-BD15-1DB1AE9A5DD3} - C:\WINDOWS\wtlbass32.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CSRSSW] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSRSSW.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMONSS] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMONSS.EXE

Close all programs but HJT an all browser windows then click on "Fix Checked"

RIGHT click on Start, then click on Explore, locate and delete these files:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSRSSW.EXE >>> file

C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMONSS.EXE >>> file

Clean Like this: Start, Run type "cleanmgr" without the quotes then ok. Check and remove anything windows locates.
Please use Add Reply NOT New Topic and post a new log along with any feedback you think we should have.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Classroom Advanced
If you get help here consider a donation:
http://tomcoyote.com/donate.php
Thanks pskelly for your reply.
I tried what you recommended, but I couldn't locate those files any more. I have been able to scrub out the hijack with repeated cleanings with webroot and adaware and spybot and it seems to have worked. But now I have a new problem…I can't run a template program I use to write papers because of a "runtime error 429 activex component can't create object". I really need this app desperately. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still does not work. I even tried to restore my system to a couple of weeks ago and that didn't help (and I was afraid I would invite my hijack back again). I include my latest hjt log. Do you have any suggestions about this other thing?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 7:54:16 PM, on 1/26/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Stewart\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
OK Stewart, The log is clean. Something sticks out in my mind about the issue you are having but I can't remember. (spending too much time removing malware) Below is a link to a lot of information on Google that may help. If you can't resolve the issue in a few days, add to this post and I will ask others, many of our malware experts have knowledge in other areas also.

This one is optional if you wish to remove it:
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/defau…L&S=1&x=11&y=10

Here is the information at Google:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc…ntime+error+429

I suggest you purge System Restore to make sure nothing is in there that would restore if you need to use it:
MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SYSTEM RESTORE
1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore,
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=3051
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Classroom Advanced
If you get help here consider a donation:
http://tomcoyote.com/donate.php
If you are reading this information…thank a teacher, If you are reading it in English…thank a soldier.
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI