Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

What Is Winalign Tool File?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:33 PM

Hi all - WinME I have a file in my Tasks Scheduler named TuneUp Application Start.job. When I opened it in Edit, in the Run box it has walign. When I did a Search on this, it came up Walign.exe. Located in the Windows\System. In the TuneUp Wizard, it is Winalign.exe, version 4.90.0.3000. But, I can not find anything in the Help that says what it is or what is does. Is it a collective file of the scheduled Maintenance programs, such as Defrag, Scan Disk and Disk Cleanup? What are it's capabilities in regards to running programs? Is it similar to the Tasks Scheduler? :unsure: It's possible this program may somehow be adversely impacting my system, therefore, any information regarding this file, and/or the functions of MS TuneUp program would truly be very much appreciated. :( Tink :wavey:
aka Jan Il MS MVP - IE/OE Smiles are meant to be shared, that's why they're so contagious.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:45 AM

'k...I've found a bit of information on the Winalign, and a tidbit on the TuneUp Wizard thingie. But, I still don't really understand just what they do. One seems to just align files, and they other.......I dunno..??? <_< What I did determine from some of the statements posted at the Winalign site, was that it was not something people felt good about using. Sort of like the old doctors that said bloodletting was good for you, but, you are somehow not sure just how much of 'your' blood they're letting is good for you. :huh: I still don't really understand what they do, or what the purpose is, especially as it applies to maintenance programs. Just not sure about this. :oops: Tink :wavey:
aka Jan Il MS MVP - IE/OE Smiles are meant to be shared, that's why they're so contagious.