This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

What Is Winalign Tool File?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all - WinME I have a file in my Tasks Scheduler named TuneUp Application Start.job. When I opened it in Edit, in the Run box it has walign. When I did a Search on this, it came up Walign.exe. Located in the Windows\System. In the TuneUp Wizard, it is Winalign.exe, version 4.90.0.3000. But, I can not find anything in the Help that says what it is or what is does. Is it a collective file of the scheduled Maintenance programs, such as Defrag, Scan Disk and Disk Cleanup? What are it's capabilities in regards to running programs? Is it similar to the Tasks Scheduler? :unsure: It's possible this program may somehow be adversely impacting my system, therefore, any information regarding this file, and/or the functions of MS TuneUp program would truly be very much appreciated. :( Tink :wavey:
'k…I've found a bit of information on the Winalign, and a tidbit on the TuneUp Wizard thingie. But, I still don't really understand just what they do. One seems to just align files, and they other…….I dunno..??? <_< What I did determine from some of the statements posted at the Winalign site, was that it was not something people felt good about using. Sort of like the old doctors that said bloodletting was good for you, but, you are somehow not sure just how much of 'your' blood they're letting is good for you. :huh: I still don't really understand what they do, or what the purpose is, especially as it applies to maintenance programs. Just not sure about this. :oops: Tink :wavey: