I need your help on something. The story is basically short but I tried several things to fix it (which did not work this time)
On one website, I cannot enter through the URL. However when I type the DNS (I got before as the issue already occurs) I can see the site. Still it is not an ideal situation (I can't really browse) and I would like to fix that.
Some things I checked
- It is the same issue under IE or firefox
- My net provider tells me that if "one site works all should work from their point of view"
- I got the issue two times before (always with the same website) : the first time I took an earlier restoration point and it works back, the secund time (after an advise of my internet provider which thought it was linked to my firewall), I uninstalled and reinstalled ZoneAlarm Free and it works again. Of course I try those two options but unsuccessfully.
- I tried to add the dns on c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (I got Win XP SP1 by the way)
- I tried to add the IP/website adress to the safezone of ZoneAlarm Free
- I tried to run after a start without any firewall (not too long just for a test, I'm not crazy) and the issue is still the same..
So I am a little confused. If it is linked to my machine (and not to my provider's connection), is there a log file somewhere that blocks the access to the URL of this site (even when firewall is off)? Any idea of what happened and what I can do to fix that (and permanently as strangely it comes.
I'm running some antivirus online (I don't know if this can be linked...)and let you know if something
Many thanks in advance!!
EDIT nothing found by Panda antivirus online..
I was thinking maybe it has to do with some Win security updates (I have one to install (KB885836)) or not..
Edited by Syncotum, 09 January 2005 - 03:36 AM.