This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Zone Alarm Pro 5

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I purchased and installed Pro 5 and just unistalled it, as it really slowed down my computer in opening programs. I also found it hard to manoeuver around in. I have adaware se, spybot, spyware blaster, a2, win patrol, spysweeper installed and a good AV program. All of which i keep uptodate and do regular scans. I found the Pro version causing such slowness but i do need a good firewall and read a lot about this one and it sounded good. But :o for me it has been a disaster I have a pentium 4, mobile processor, xp, 1.9 ghz and 512 ram. Has anyone used the Free Version, does it slow down the computer and if i decide to try it will it leave remnants behind in the registry that could cause me problems if i decide to try another firewall. Or can any member suggest another firewall that is User friendly for a Novice. I would appreciate comments and opinions. Thankyou.
I use the free version… but I couldnt tell ya if it would slow down your computer. My specs are: fx-53 on an asus sk8v 2gb ecc ram raid 0 hdd setup As you can see (i hope) Nothing slows down my computer :rofl: I dont see the harm of just trying out the free version. Good luck, wng