This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Setting Up E-mail Virus Scanning

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I've come back to you all cause you helped me so much when spamware took over before. Following your advice, I'm hiding behind Windows FW, my router's FW and running AVG 7.0 (updates daily) and spyblaster and spyguard. I've had no problems, but I've noticed AVG's e-mail scanning is not configured. I'm sorta wondering how to do this…. I think I'm correct in saying e-mail is the number 1 way viruses spread, so getting this hooked up would be great. If it matters, I usually check my mail (AOL account) by signing in at aolmail.aol.com. Thanks much. Garin
AVG cannot scan a web based email account - only a client running from your own machine like outloook or outlook express. It will however scan as you run or save any content from those emails.
You may not be able to use an AOL email account with outlook or outlook express - but if you can the AOL system would have a 'help' page for you to be able to set it up from. I don't use (or recommend) AOL - sorry.