Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Setting Up E-mail Virus Scanning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gpace00

gpace00

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

I've come back to you all cause you helped me so much when spamware took over before. Following your advice, I'm hiding behind Windows FW, my router's FW and running AVG 7.0 (updates daily) and spyblaster and spyguard. I've had no problems, but I've noticed AVG's e-mail scanning is not configured. I'm sorta wondering how to do this.... I think I'm correct in saying e-mail is the number 1 way viruses spread, so getting this hooked up would be great. If it matters, I usually check my mail (AOL account) by signing in at aolmail.aol.com. Thanks much. Garin

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:13 PM

AVG cannot scan a web based email account - only a client running from your own machine like outloook or outlook express. It will however scan as you run or save any content from those emails.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."

#3 gpace00

gpace00

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:29 PM

Ah....thanks much. Is outlook a good program to use? I have an AOL account, usually just use the online thing.

#4 ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG

Emeritus-Spyware Fighter

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:37 AM

You may not be able to use an AOL email account with outlook or outlook express - but if you can the AOL system would have a 'help' page for you to be able to set it up from. I don't use (or recommend) AOL - sorry.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."