Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Very Recently Purchased And Installed Norton

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pretender

Pretender

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:13 PM

Didn't know where else to post on the board so......anyhow, I used Adaptec 2.22 (which later went to Roxio) on my Windows ME system and relied heavily on it to save me when something screwed up on my computer and it never failed me. I have never been impressed with System Restore and am not impressed with it on Windows XP (which I had clean installed in place of ME prior to installing GoBack). Guess I'm curious about any feedback others might have on this board about their experience with GoBack. Seems like people either love it or hate it. What I liked about it before was the ability to take my computer back exactly to a point that I chose rather than just the System files. Please let me know what you think of the actual program as I'm not really looking for alternatives at this point like Ghost, etc.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:05 PM

Hi Pretender- I have used Go-Back.. with ME, and I have used ME's restore instead of Go-Back. I personally never had to use Go-Back although it seems to be good quality program. System restore on the other hand with ME is hit or miss I've come to find out. With XP I try to keep things straight as possible and do not use any type of imaging software. I am familiar with Ghost 2002 .. I like it.. even though it is a Norton product. :)

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"