phpman
Topic Starter
You should always know what programs get automatically started when you boot your PC.
This is one of the main reasons for hourglass and slow PCs…especially on XP. I help a lot of friends and neighbors fine-tune their PCs and I have found this program really helpful.
Its called Startup Control Panel, by Mike Lin. You can d/l this free program at:
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml. It saves you from using Regedit to drill thru hives….
Put a shortcut on your desktop for it and run it every month or so.
It will help you know exactly what programs are getting turned on and running, using
up your valuable resources.
p.s. Send Mike a tip if you like it….
-phpman
This is one of the main reasons for hourglass and slow PCs…especially on XP. I help a lot of friends and neighbors fine-tune their PCs and I have found this program really helpful.
Its called Startup Control Panel, by Mike Lin. You can d/l this free program at:
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml. It saves you from using Regedit to drill thru hives….
Put a shortcut on your desktop for it and run it every month or so.
It will help you know exactly what programs are getting turned on and running, using
up your valuable resources.
p.s. Send Mike a tip if you like it….
-phpman