Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 less0305

less0305

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:51 PM

Hi, I've just recently purchased a new lap top (my first ever) and I'm using a wireless network for internet access. I get hit with tons of spyware, trojans, pop ups, etc. I never have this problem with my pc that is connected via cable modem to the internet. Is it because it's wireless that it is easier for things to plant themselves on the lap top or what? I hate to sound so stupid. But it seems odd that it's only on my laptop that I have this problem...and it's the only computer that's wireless that I've ever owned. Thanks for anyone's input!! Less

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_DragonsBreath_*

Guest_DragonsBreath_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:10 PM

As with any network connection, it is how well you are protected that makes the difference. Do you use a firewall? I use wireless almost exclusively and have not been inundated with any more pop-ups or spyware; but, I have Zone Alarm for a firewall, PanicWare's Pop up stopper (which I use less and less everyday) and at home a wireless router that is configured adequately. I use wireless at school to access the network and internet. I regularly run Adaware SE, Spybot and Symantec Anti-Virus. Make sure your Windows Messenger is not running in the background and signing in when windows starts and this should help you greatly.