This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Newly Redone Pc Problems Already

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello,

Just had my pc redone by a knowledgeable family member, I run Win XP Pro on an AMD Athlon processor, etc. The two chief problems I'm having are:

When I go to start>control panel, upon clicking "control panel", an error box pops up and says, "error occurred while Windows was working w/ the Control Panel file C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsetup.cpl". I have to click "OK", then it goes to where it was intended to. Then, after that, when I click "Network and Internet options", the SAME message pops up and I have to do the same to go to the next step. VERY annoying!

The second is, everytime I click Outlook Express, my email client, it prompts me with a box, saying "Logon - Verizon" (my ISP is Verizon DSL) "please enter your user name/password for the following server:". I can put in the password, but the "check box" to remember the password is grayed-out. This happens whether I go to it from the START menu OR to the OE program itself. I have OE 6. I think I may've accidentally set it this way earlier today. I just can't undo it now, don't know how.

Can anyone help me with these two problems?

Thanks in advance!

Paws

:rofl: : me, rolling around in madness!
mudpaws, Try this. By unchecking the IPmon32 in the Startup, it eliminates the netsetup.cpl error message. This can be done by going to Start| Run type in MSCONFIG Click the Startup tab uncheck IPMON32 click Apply Restart your computer put a check mark in the Remember my selection and click Apply Changes dabwid
You need to run SFC. First you need your xp installation cd handy (unless you have an image burnt on drive already) and put it in. Click on start, click run and type command. Then at the prompt type SFC /scannow