Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Newly Redone Pc Problems Already

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mudpaws

mudpaws

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:48 PM

Hello,

Just had my pc redone by a knowledgeable family member, I run Win XP Pro on an AMD Athlon processor, etc. The two chief problems I'm having are:

When I go to start>control panel, upon clicking "control panel", an error box pops up and says, [B]"error occurred while Windows was working w/ the Control Panel file C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsetup.cpl"[B]. I have to click "OK", then it goes to where it was intended to. Then, after that, when I click "Network and Internet options", the SAME message pops up and I have to do the same to go to the next step. VERY annoying!

The second is, everytime I click Outlook Express, my email client, it prompts me with a box, saying "Logon - Verizon" (my ISP is Verizon DSL) "please enter your user name/password for the following server:". I can put in the password, but the "check box" to remember the password is grayed-out. This happens whether I go to it from the START menu OR to the OE program itself. I have OE 6. I think I may've accidentally set it this way earlier today. I just can't undo it now, don't know how.

Can anyone help me with these two problems?

Thanks in advance!

Paws

:rofl: : me, rolling around in madness!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_dabwid_*

Guest_dabwid_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:57 PM

mudpaws, Try this. By unchecking the IPmon32 in the Startup, it eliminates the netsetup.cpl error message. This can be done by going to Start| Run type in MSCONFIG Click the Startup tab uncheck IPMON32 click Apply Restart your computer put a check mark in the Remember my selection and click Apply Changes dabwid

#3 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 15 December 2004 - 04:45 AM

You need to run SFC. First you need your xp installation cd handy (unless you have an image burnt on drive already) and put it in. Click on start, click run and type command. Then at the prompt type SFC /scannow

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"