Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Popup Stopper Works Too Good...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:00 PM

Hi all - I have Popup Stopper and it works really great, sometimes, too great. T here are times when I need or want to use a popup, and Popup Stopper blocks it. Sometimes it will send up a notice and you can use the Ctrl key to override it, and let the popup come up. But, usually it just blocks it, and you have to disable the Popup Stopper in order to use the needed popup. I have tried to figure out how to make an adjustment for this, but, so far I've had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tell it which popups are 'friendly foe'..?? A very Happy New Year to one and all! Tink :wavey:
aka Jan Il MS MVP - IE/OE Smiles are meant to be shared, that's why they're so contagious.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware hound

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:++

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:54 PM

Get a smarter popup stopper.... I use Netscape 7 which has popup control built in and alllow me to popup those that I want, but not ones that the website wants. Opera and Mozilla also have this capability. The Google toolbar is one that many use and praise its popup stopper function. There are several others including one that I think is built just for IE...

#3 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 02:15 AM

Get a smarter popup stopper....

I use Netscape 7 which has popup control built in and alllow me to popup those that I want, but not ones that the website wants. Opera and Mozilla also have this capability. The Google toolbar is one that many use and praise its popup stopper function. There are several others including one that I think is built just for IE...

Hi Budfred!

I guess you're right. It has been recommended very highly, but, in these days, the one-size-fits-all does not really always apply. I tried the one for Google, but, I did not really like the set up. I also tried Mozilla & Firebird, same thing, I didn't like the UI. I just keep coming back to IE.

I'll see if I can find the one for IE. With Popup Stopper, even here on the forum, when I try to go to the additional smilies, I can't because it won't let the additional window open. I get the red circle with the slash in it when the window tries to open. <_<

I don't really appreciate programs that try to think for me. I am plenty capable of making a mess of things all by myself. :oops:

Thanks again for your help, and information.

Happy New Year!
Tink :wavey:
aka Jan Il MS MVP - IE/OE Smiles are meant to be shared, that's why they're so contagious.

#4 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 03:13 PM

Does it allow you to make an exception list by site?
I hope it wan't my turn to refill te coffe pot...

Posted Image

#5 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 05:34 PM

Does it allow you to make an exception list by site?

Hi mjc!

I have not been able to get it to accept the exeptions. It still blocks all popups. Someone at work suggested that I reinstall the program and see if it works better. So, I did..but, still the same.

I think I'll just uninstall it. Since I have to do most all the sorting myself by disabling it when I need a popup, then I might as well put it out to pasture and try something more user friendly.

Thank you for your time and input, I truly appreciate it,

Happy New Year!

Tink :wavey: