Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Popup Stopper

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 02:16 PM

Hi all - WinME I have been considering installing the Popup Stopper program. I have the SpywareBlaster installed, and I really like the idea that it is self-maintaining, non-intrusive, does not require being hand-fed, or complex configuration. It's just there and does it's job, and only needs to be updated ever few days. From what I have read and heard about the Popup Stopper, it is much the same, and does not bombard you with alerts, notices, constant cries of 'feed me' or other annoying picks that drive you bonkers. It makes no sense to have to spend the time clicking the endless popup stopping notices to close or add the popups to the program list, as you would have to do with the actual popups! However, before I install the program, I was interested to know if there are any issues in regards to program or OS performance or operations that I should be aware before doing so. I feel it is best to ask someone who has actually used it rather than to rely only on information from the mfg or others who have not actually used it. I would truly appreciate any comments or suggestions on this program. Happy Holidays! Tink :wavey:
aka Jan Il MS MVP - IE/OE Smiles are meant to be shared, that's why they're so contagious.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware hound

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:++

Posted 25 December 2003 - 02:51 PM

I do not meet the definition of who you want responses from because I don't use IE. I use Netscape, Mozilla and Opera. Each of them have built in popup stoppers and are more secure than IE in other ways. That said, if you want to use IE, the Google toolbar popup blocker is the one I hear the best news about... I believe Popup Stopper is safe also.

#3 sxshep

sxshep

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 04:22 PM

I been using an IE add on called SmartExplorer for the past yearor so.
Tabbed browsing etc. Haven't seen a popup since.

http://www.smarteque.com/

shep

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2003 - 06:20 PM

I do not meet the definition of who you want responses from because I don't use IE. I use Netscape, Mozilla and Opera. Each of them have built in popup stoppers and are more secure than IE in other ways. That said, if you want to use IE, the Google toolbar popup blocker is the one I hear the best news about... I believe Popup Stopper is safe also.

Hi Budfred!

Well....'ll overlook your lack of criteria this time... ;)

I have tried Mozzilla and Firebird, and I really did not like the uif that well. I know they are a well liked program, but, just not my cup to tea. Haven't heard of Opera yet, other than at the Met.

I have seen the Google Toolbar recommended now and then. Haven't tried it, as I find IE pretty much meets my needs for my limited use of the internet.

I'll look at Opera, can't hurt to keep in the know, 'cause...well...ya never know. :unsure:

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

#5 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 06:25 PM

I do not meet the definition of who you want responses from because I don't use IE.  I use Netscape, Mozilla and Opera.  Each of them have built in popup stoppers and are more secure than IE in other ways.  That said, if you want to use IE, the Google toolbar popup blocker is the one I hear the best news about...  I believe Popup Stopper is safe also.

Hi Budfred!

Well....'ll overlook your lack of criteria this time... ;)

I have tried Mozzilla and Firebird, and I really did not like the uif that well. I know they are a well liked program, but, just not my cup to tea. Haven't heard of Opera yet, other than at the Met.

I have seen the Google Toolbar recommended now and then. Haven't tried it, as I find IE pretty much meets my needs for my limited use of the internet.

I'll look at Opera, can't hurt to keep in the know, 'cause...well...ya never know. :unsure:

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

Whoops!

Sorry...eh....forgot to log in...heh..:oops:
aka Jan Il MS MVP - IE/OE Smiles are meant to be shared, that's why they're so contagious.

#6 Tink

Tink

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 06:31 PM

I been using an IE add on called SmartExplorer for the past yearor so.
Tabbed browsing etc. Haven't seen a popup since.

http://www.smarteque.com/

shep

Hi sxshep!

Thank you for the additional information. I have not heard of this one for IE. I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.

Happy Holidays!

Tink :wavey: