This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Popup Stopper

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all - WinME I have been considering installing the Popup Stopper program. I have the SpywareBlaster installed, and I really like the idea that it is self-maintaining, non-intrusive, does not require being hand-fed, or complex configuration. It's just there and does it's job, and only needs to be updated ever few days. From what I have read and heard about the Popup Stopper, it is much the same, and does not bombard you with alerts, notices, constant cries of 'feed me' or other annoying picks that drive you bonkers. It makes no sense to have to spend the time clicking the endless popup stopping notices to close or add the popups to the program list, as you would have to do with the actual popups! However, before I install the program, I was interested to know if there are any issues in regards to program or OS performance or operations that I should be aware before doing so. I feel it is best to ask someone who has actually used it rather than to rely only on information from the mfg or others who have not actually used it. I would truly appreciate any comments or suggestions on this program. Happy Holidays! Tink :wavey:
I do not meet the definition of who you want responses from because I don't use IE. I use Netscape, Mozilla and Opera. Each of them have built in popup stoppers and are more secure than IE in other ways. That said, if you want to use IE, the Google toolbar popup blocker is the one I hear the best news about… I believe Popup Stopper is safe also.

I do not meet the definition of who you want responses from because I don't use IE. I use Netscape, Mozilla and Opera. Each of them have built in popup stoppers and are more secure than IE in other ways. That said, if you want to use IE, the Google toolbar popup blocker is the one I hear the best news about… I believe Popup Stopper is safe also.

Hi Budfred!

Well….'ll overlook your lack of criteria this time… ;)

I have tried Mozzilla and Firebird, and I really did not like the uif that well. I know they are a well liked program, but, just not my cup to tea. Haven't heard of Opera yet, other than at the Met.

I have seen the Google Toolbar recommended now and then. Haven't tried it, as I find IE pretty much meets my needs for my limited use of the internet.

I'll look at Opera, can't hurt to keep in the know, 'cause…well…ya never know. :unsure:

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

I do not meet the definition of who you want responses from because I don't use IE.  I use Netscape, Mozilla and Opera.  Each of them have built in popup stoppers and are more secure than IE in other ways.  That said, if you want to use IE, the Google toolbar popup blocker is the one I hear the best news about…  I believe Popup Stopper is safe also.

Hi Budfred!

Well….'ll overlook your lack of criteria this time… ;)

I have tried Mozzilla and Firebird, and I really did not like the uif that well. I know they are a well liked program, but, just not my cup to tea. Haven't heard of Opera yet, other than at the Met.

I have seen the Google Toolbar recommended now and then. Haven't tried it, as I find IE pretty much meets my needs for my limited use of the internet.

I'll look at Opera, can't hurt to keep in the know, 'cause…well…ya never know. :unsure:

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

Whoops!

Sorry…eh….forgot to log in…heh..:oops:

I been using an IE add on called SmartExplorer for the past yearor so.
Tabbed browsing etc. Haven't seen a popup since.

http://www.smarteque.com/

shep

Hi sxshep!

Thank you for the additional information. I have not heard of this one for IE. I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.

Happy Holidays!

Tink :wavey: