This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

New-used Computer's Hijack Log

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The microsoft site just doesn't offer it, and when I run "Windows Update" it is not listed as needed or available updates. I've tried numerous times and can't get to any site that will let me download it. I have been offered Service Pack 2 downloads everywhere, and even started and had about 70 meg. downloaded already when I remembered you did not recommend it at this time, so I aborted the download.
Log looks good :D :thumbup:

You can update to SP2 if you want after you do the below System Restore.

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.



If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D
Thanks Ld, You guys @ TomCoyote are lifesavers, I don't know how people with kids and computers get by without you!!!! I'll be making a small donation to your cause. Sincerely, Steve Weible, Rural Missouri
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.


To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI