This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Can't Delete .avi File

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I downloaded a movie from DC++ and no longer want it on my hard drive. It seems that when I open that folder now my processor use goes to 100% according to the task manager on Windows XP and of course everything slows down. It is a .avi file and refuses to delete with windows in safe mode or standard. No matter what I do I receive the "This is being used by another program" error message. I have nothing else running and I get the same message in safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm posting my hijack this log in the appropriate thread in a second. Thanks ahead of time.