Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MagerThom's ~ problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MagerThom

MagerThom

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 07:16 PM

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I ,also, have a strange temp file that I am unclear as to what it really is, or if it is a byproduct of some form of spyware. The "~" sign sporadically, and often, just appears on my desktop...Properties just shows the name: "~" When I open it with Notebook, interspersed between a great deal of code, are the names in my address book. Is this just some OE 6 glitch, or something more serious? I regularly update and use PP, NOD32, Ad-Aware Plus, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, SpyWare Guard, and sweep with Trojanscan. None of these programs has detected this file or one that appeared to be associated with it. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions? Mager Thom

Edited by MagerThom, 27 December 2003 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 08:56 PM

It is just some OE glitch..... Basically, it is just abackup of your addressbook put in the wrong place.
I hope it wan't my turn to refill te coffe pot...

Posted Image

#3 MagerThom

MagerThom

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:43 PM

mjc - Thank you for the help. At least I know it's a glitch and not a cause for any real concern. Mager Thom