This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

MagerThom's ~ problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I ,also, have a strange temp file that I am unclear as to what it really is, or if it is a byproduct of some form of spyware. The "~" sign sporadically, and often, just appears on my desktop…Properties just shows the name: "~" When I open it with Notebook, interspersed between a great deal of code, are the names in my address book. Is this just some OE 6 glitch, or something more serious? I regularly update and use PP, NOD32, Ad-Aware Plus, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, SpyWare Guard, and sweep with Trojanscan. None of these programs has detected this file or one that appeared to be associated with it. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions? Mager Thom