Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Access Privileges

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Full Stop

Full Stop

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:26 PM

Hi, Have had some problems recently including a full freeze that required a complete re-install of MS XP Home and upgrade to Service Pack 2. I have 3 user accounts (1 for me and the others for the wife and kids) defined on the PC all with their own password (each is identified as an administrator), but since the re-install of XP & update to SP2, two of the accounts find that they are unable to open previously saved OK documents i.e. simple Word documents will not now open, instead the computer returns a "Word cannot open the document. User does not have access privileges" message. The "copy to" function also does not work. My account works fine, but I've doublechecked the access rights on the other 2 accounts and can see nothing wrong. I've also re-installed MS Office 2003 Professional as I thought that might have been corrupted, but still no improvement. So can anybody help, as at present we are unable to use, copy, edit or worse still delete these files? Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove