- I have always saved my Excel and Word files in My Documents folder. I tried saving some new ones today, but got this error message: "You do not have permission to save in this folder. Contact the administrator to obtain permission."
- I also tried opening various Word and Excel files from My Documents and got this error message: "C:'\users\ABC\Documents\Book2.xlsx' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted."
- I was able to drag all my .xlsx and .docx files from My Documents to the Desktop and am thankfully able to open them from the Desktop. I am also able to drag the files back to My Documents, but am still not able to open the file from that location.
- I am able to save all .docx and .xlsx files on all other folders (e.g. music, pictures, etc), but not in My Documents.
- I am able to save other files such as .jpg and .pdf in My Documents, but not .xlsx and .docx.
- I checked my permissions for that folder and confirmed I have full control.
- I edited the permission to grant all users full control.
- I restarted the computer in safe mode to see if I could save the file in this mode, but I could not even open any of my Excel or Word documents in this mode. I kept getting an error message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program." and "The application virtualization client could not launch the application you requested. The application virtualization client services are not running. Report the following error code to your System Administrator. Error code: 4625852-0FA10612-00006003.”
- In both safe and normal modes, I was able to open and save other files like .pdf and .jpg files to this folder without any problems.
- I performed a Clean Boot
- I turned off my antivirus and firewall.
Edited by tashi, 24 December 2017 - 08:58 PM.