Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Accidently, Unable to save Excel and Word files in My Documents Folder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tiantian

tiantian

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hi to all, I don't know what happen on my computer or sd card can't saved my Excel and Word files. the situation is following:

I've searched on google some answers, but have not been able to find one that could help me solve my problem.  Hoping someone here could help me.

My Problem:  
  • I have always saved my Excel and Word files in  My Documents folder.  I tried saving some new ones today, but got this error message:  "You do not have permission to save in this folder.  Contact the administrator to obtain permission."   
  • I also tried opening various Word and Excel files from My Documents and got this error message:  "C:'\users\ABC\Documents\Book2.xlsx' could not be found.  Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.  If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted."
  • I was able to drag all my .xlsx and .docx files from My Documents to the Desktop and am thankfully able to open them from the Desktop.  I am also able to drag the files back to My Documents, but am still not able to open the file from that location.
  • I am able to save all .docx and .xlsx files on all other folders (e.g. music, pictures, etc), but not in My Documents.
  • I am able to save other files such as .jpg and .pdf in My Documents, but not .xlsx and .docx.

What I have done to try to resolve the problem:
  • I checked my permissions for that folder and confirmed I have full control.
  • I edited the permission to grant all users full control.
  • I restarted the computer in safe mode to see if I could save the file in this mode, but I could not even open any of my Excel or Word documents in this mode.  I kept getting an error message:  "There was a problem sending the command to the program." and "The application virtualization client could not launch the application you requested.  The application virtualization client services are not running.  Report the following error code to your System Administrator.  Error code:  4625852-0FA10612-00006003.”
  • In both safe and normal modes, I was able to open and save other files like .pdf and .jpg files to this folder without any problems.
  • I performed a Clean Boot
  • I turned off my antivirus and firewall.

This is driving me nuts, and I am hoping someone in this community could provide me with some answers.  Thanks very much in advance for all your help.

Edited by tashi, 24 December 2017 - 08:58 PM.
Removed link

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

Hi tiantiam and welcome to our forums,

:welcome:

1 Make sure you have checked and double checked your back ups to make sure they are all correct, comprehensive and reproducible. Remember unless you have three separate copies of your back ups all on different media with at least one kept offsite on removable media, then its not really a good backup!

2 The next step would be to run sfc /scannow from a command prompt run with elevated privileges. see if this corrects the issue, ( your machine should be restarted after sfc completes)

3 If the problem continues, then set up another user account with admin privileges, copy some Word or Excel files into its My Documents folder and booting into the new account see if the documents are accessible. ( if they are then it indicates a corrupt user profile on the original account)

Post back and let us know how you get on

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate